Pages

Wednesday 16 August 2017

the fog

I am learning to create an image in my mind, with a noun ( frost)  depicting the weather at this time of year in Southland.
I am then learning to write a description for this image,  using strong, appropriate and effective verbs to activate the nouns and one or two similes.


When I awake, it has appeared  like a white cloud dropping instantly to the ground
It covers our paddocks like a thick fluffy blanket,  sheep  camouflaged instantly
Bright headlights of the cars shimmer through the blanket of white, instantly warning of their presence like a lighthouse  guiding incoming boats
A once silver and black trampoline, merged with the wooden fence

Fog appearing, like a white cloud dropping instantly to the ground

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elijah,

    You did a good blog post.
    I liked the way you wrote “Bright headlights of the cars shimmer through the blanket of white, instantly warning of their presence like a lighthouse guiding incoming boats”
    Maybe next time you should add why you chose to write that.
    Did you enjoy writing that ?
    Kind regards Ian.

    Canterbury
    Yaldhurst Model School.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi ian,
      thank you for commenting to my blog. to answer you I enjoy writing my story and I hope you enjoy my latest blog post

      Elijah
      room4
      sothlandnz

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.